Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning
To keep your furniture clean, it's necessary to conduct routine maintenance including vacuuming and immediate attention to spills, coupled with periodic cleaning by a certified technician every one to two years. Furniture and fabric manufacturers recommend that consumers not wait until severe soiling occurs before cleaning because the greater the soiling, the less the likelihood of restoring the fabric's original color, appearance and texture.
Regular cleaning of fabric and leather furnishings by a trained, certified technician can help restore your furniture's appearance, extend its life and keep it looking like new. Moreover, certified technicians can offer simple suggestions to maintain a clean and healthful home or business environment overall.
Tips For Prolonging The Beauty Of Your Upholstery
You just bought furniture for the living room, so how do you maintain its fresh new appearance?
To keep your furniture clean, it’s necessary to conduct routine maintenance, including periodic cleaning by a cleantrust certified technician every one to two years. Furniture and fabric manufacturers recommend that consumers not wait until severe soiling occurs before cleaning because the greater the soiling, the less the likelihood of restoring the fabric's original color, appearance and texture, and the greater adverse effect on indoor environmental quality.
Regular cleaning by a trained, certified professional can help restore your upholstery's appearance, extend its life, and keeping it looking "like new." In addition, certified professionals can offer simple suggestions to maintain a clean and healthful environment. These tips often include:
- Control soil by using arm caps and rotating seat cushions frequently to prolong life and appearance of areas prone to wear and tear.
- Remove dry soil by vacuuming and, depending on the fabric, brushing to remove dust and soil particles.
- Increased cleaning may be required when fabric is subjected to heavy use, or when it is located in homes occupied with persons with allergies or respiratory sensitivity.
- How often should upholstered office chairs be cleaned?
Unknown to most commercial end users is the fact that commercial upholstery, unlike residential, experiences a lot more daily soiling, wear and tear. Commercial upholstery should be cleaned at least annually by a professional cleaning service that knows how to remove maximum soil, perhaps semi-annually in heavy use situations. The increased use life of the upholstery and the savings in productivity will pay for the cost of cleaning.
- How do you clean pen ink off of microfiber upholstery?
In this case, there are two options:
- If the upholstery is simply a cushion, a professional dry cleaner may be able to use a spotting board that vacuums the back while treating the face. He/she would have the ability to use a steam/air gun in ink removal as well. Unfortunately, there are few professional credentials for dry cleaners to determine qualification.
- Second, a cleantrust certified Master Textile Cleaner may be able to help. With proper techniques, the stain should come out.