Discussion Board Rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for copies of copyright-protected material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members are asked only to post in English, as this is an English speaking online community.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with “normal writing”. That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; “Help me!”, “Bad customer!”, etc. Examples of good subjects include; “Expanding my services — marketing tips?”, “Structural drying in high humidity”, etc.
- Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for other websites or organizations is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- Members are asked to not disclose to any 3rd party, board, or list any vulnerabilities found in this website before first notifying the developers. You should submit all finds to members of the Moderator Team. Time should be allowed for us, at least 3 working days wherever possible, to respond.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KiB (6144 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed. Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to avoid removal. Limit on image filesize prevents detrimental effect on forums page load speed.
- Text sizes should be between 75% and 100% (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, emoticons, and so forth.
- Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. Linked sites may be commercial in nature. You may not include links in a way which suggests you offer official support or sanction by the IICRC for your product or service. You may not link to porn, racist or other similar hate sites. Links are included in signature size limits.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned.
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
- IICRC operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the site administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they will remove a warning.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact IICRC personnel or contractors (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While IICRC may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.